I am going to let you in on a little tidbit about myself. (OK! OK! Really it's HUGE for me!) My closests friends know and my family knows. My little ducks definitely know.....
I absolutely DESPISE, DISLIKE, LOATHE, DETEST going to the grocery store. I would rather cut off my big toe every week then endure another isle blocking, pajamma wearing, cart hogging shopper! Ok! So it sounds like I really dislike it, right? Well yes, it is eactly what it sounds like! Please keep in mind that I am very grateful that I havethe means to weekly grocery shop. These things just annoy the crap out of me.
Read on for the top reasons I'd rather cut off my big toe!
This may come off a little negative, however, I am super sure a lot of you will be able to relate!
1. The Isle HOG. We have all encountered this person. They have 3-4 feet of space but choose to stand directly in the middle of the isle with their cart parked crooked, therefore not allowing any shopper in wither direction any space to pass. I SCOOT OVER PLEASE! If you have to take your time in front of the pickles, that is ok. Just make room for us to be able to get our pickles also!
2. The MMM HMM person. This person could be the Isle Hog or any of the others listed or even a regular shopper just as myself. You need to get past this person and you politely say "Excuse Me" and their response is a smart aleck, might as well roll their eyes "MMM, HMM". SERIOUSLY! A simple "Excuse Me" in return will suffice. No eye rolling. MMM,HMM's needed!
3. The Slow Slug. Every week when you go to the grocery, you have a list, whether mentally or literally. Most of us buy the same 20 items each week and the additions we need for this weeks menu. Basically, you know what you are getting and you know where everything is because you come every single week. I prefer to ZIP IN AND ZIP OUT. I know what I need and I know where it is. MOVE OUT OF THE WAY PEOPLE!
4. The Robber. I blame this one on the store and not the shopper. Remember when you could take in $20-$30 bucks and stock up nicely??? Yes, pick your brain, it has been awhile. Now $100 and my cart isn't even full.** I have this expectation, $100=Overflowing cart. I try hard to change this expectaion but it is hard. Hard earned money that is! This does make me mad.
5. Empty Shelf? To me, This is a big NO NO. The sale you are advertising that started 20 minutes ago is already sold out? NO WAY. You can not convince me that you opened at 6am and are sold out by 6:20am. This is just mind trick. I would rather something NOT be on sale, then the store pretend they are having an awesome sale.
6. Customer Service. My husband prefers to have deli sliced turkey from the actual store deli. Every single time, I will be ignored. I know they see me. I saw them glance. This is your job. Take a little pride in your job and offer great customer service. Your customers will greatly appreciate it.
7. The SPACE INVADER. This has to be the worst offense. We all know that most of the stores now drive you towards USCAN services. I prefer them.. I have a cart full and a lane to accomodate my cart full. I scan some, bag some then scan again. This takes time. Do NOT walk up and stand right next to the register while I am still mid transaction. If you can read my screen or see what type of coupons I have, then you are way too close. How can I punch in my pin number if you are literally standing over my shoulder. THIS IS SO RUDE. Stay back. This is so disrespectful and my #1 violation. (Secret. This causes me want to go super slowwww and take my sweet ** time. Yes it is immature.) I post about this on my personal facebook often. Maybe I can educate someone on the matter. It really it truly rude to not wait your turn. This is a kindergarten rule.
Share your horror stories below or ways to make the grocery more pleasurable!
This is by far my least favorite chore. I usually want to order pizza after grocery shopping. Who wants to cook after all that mental anguish that just took place!
I am also a 6am shopper. I have learned after a gazillion trips, that the earlier the better!
Tips To Help Plan Your Next Outdoor Adventure.
12 hours ago