I live in Kentucky. Recently 2 states have legalized marijuana.
Top 10 reasons I think they it is OK to legalize Marijuana, Pot, and Weed
In no particular order..
10. It is safer than alcohol. If you have ever had too much to drink then you know that you can quickly lose memories and stature. " I did what last night!?" has been said too many times. This is not a known side effect of pot unless mixed with other substances.
9. Legalized marijuana will help control the money flow and can be used to help our states and country as opposed to criminal gangs and associations. It will also control the gazillions of our dollars used to fight the drug war. Marijuana is not toxic and should not be in this drug war.
8. Medical reasons. It helps patients with cancers and other illnesses to overcome their pain, suffering and weight issues.
7. It is a great alternative for anxiety
6. THC is less toxic than nicotine AND alcohol.
5. There are no known cases of anyone overdosing on Marijuana. I am 34 and with the prescription and heroin overload today, I have known of a lot of people who have overdosed over the past 5 or 6 years. It is very sad but true.
4. Marijuana makes you feel better. Whether you have had a hard day at work or have been ill, it can relax you and kill the stress. You should have the option to go have a drink or go have a joint.
3. Weed is like tattoos. Remember when only the weirdo's had tattoos. It wasn't always acceptable and there was something wrong with you if you got ink. Well the same for pot..Pot is associated with hippies and burnouts and that's just not the case any longer. We all get tattoos. It is a great way to express ourselves and they are beautiful. Now the boy who worked hard all day long writing a song needs to relax his brain and chooses to do so by having a hit of weed. It is OK! Same thing as having a drink!
2. Violence. I truly believe there will be less violence. No one will die if they are late on a shipment of someones pounds of weed. No one will die if the sell it in the "wrong" territory. These things will not exist if we can go to our local store and purchase what we need.
1. It is fun. (or so I hear)
AND JUST FOR FUN..........
NOW I KNOW THIS MAY OR MAY NOT CAUSE A RUCKUS....PEOPLE HAVE SPLIT POSITIONS ON THIS MATTER. AS OF 2012 THE U.S. PEOPLE ARE EQUALLY SPLIT ON WHETHER OR NOT MARIJUANA SHOULD BE LEGALIZED.
I AM NOT A POT SMOKER. THESE ARE ALL MY OWN OPINIONS AND DO NOT REFLECT THOSE OF ANY OTHERS.
SO WHAT DO YOU THINK. LEGAL OR ILLEGAL???